Puzzle games focus on logical and conceptual challenges. While many action games and adventure games include puzzle elements in level design, a true puzzle game focuses on puzzle solving as its primary gameplay activity.
Puzzle games can include:
- Matching objects based on categories (e.g. patterns, colors, shapes, symbols, etc.)
- Visualizing and manipulating objects in space and time
- Memorizing complex patterns
- Tackling increasing complexities of puzzles that build upon previous puzzles
- Solving puzzles under a time constraint or limited-life constraint.
- Applying previous-known knowledge about the world
- Thinking outside of the bo